Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yard Sale Season has begun, wonder if I can find gas cheap for a $1

The weather has broken and it’s yard sale season, my favorite time of the year. The economy, the government mess, overseas fighting is all going to contribute to this year’s season. With gas at an all-time high, how can anyone drive to all the yard sales in your area? If it cost me more to drive around looking for those treasures, which are few and far between, how can it be worth my while? Yard sales are a compulsive disorder and I’m sure everyone will agree. You need that Saturday morning fix.

However will this economy also bring to the surface some treasures that people need to get rid of for cash? It’s too early to tell but just from seeing a few yard sales last weekend there seems to be a lot of people clearing out homes. The foreclosure industry seems busy cleaning out homes that in-turn end up in box lots at flea markets. If I could I would purchase a scooter to zip around all the yard sales but I don’t think the police will enjoy seeing me with a large corner cabinet strapped to my back driving down the street?

Happy Hunting

No comments:

Post a Comment