Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rare G1 Transformer Electronic Helmet - Speak like Optimus



Well for all you Transformer G1 collectors out there, here it is the extremely rare G1 Transformers Electronic Helmet, voice changer. I have found nothing with regards to this elusive vintage toy. There seems to be none of them on Ebay when I check and just a few forums have even mentioned it.

The one you’re looking at does work, I tested the toy, it was not made for adults, and the helmet is definitely for a child. This one is in the box with instructions, on/off led light, voice changer and voice amplifier. Not quite as good as the new ones in the toy market but it’s from the 80’s. It’s made a thin plastic with foam pads on the inside. There is a wire that runs from the front of the toy up to the top of the helmet where the voice changer is. If this toys was released in large quantities I would see more of them which leads me to believe it came out towards the end of the run and was not a durable toy so many would not have survived. This is all I have on the toy right now, if you have more info, great. Happy Hunting!

2 comments:

  1. I totally had one of these. email me I can fill you in. jordanlaws at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just bought one. mint in the box but no instructions.

    ReplyDelete